The Service is an online portal that enables schools to distribute information to, and communicate with, parents and guardians of students who attend the school. Therefore, schools that register to use the Service, and that obtain the necessary consents and authorizations from parents or guardians of students, may submit information to the Service about children who are under the age of eighteen (18). In addition, if parents and guardians of students register to use the Service they may submit information to the Service about children under the age of eighteen (18). However, the Service is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen (18) and you may not register to use the Service if you are under the age of eighteen (18). If you are not at least eighteen (18) years old, please do not register to use the Service.
1. Information Collection by Familink.
A. Information Familink Directly Collects from You. We directly collect the following types of information that you voluntarily provide to us through the Service:
- Contact Information. We may collect information from you that can be used to personally identify and/or contact you. Contact information collected through the Service may include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address or billing address.
- Other Personal Information. In addition to contact information, we may collect other personal information from you that may be associated with your contact information. Other personal information collected through the Service may include your password, IP address and your credit card or other payment account information.
B. How We Directly Collect Information from You: There are a number of different ways that we directly collect information from you. These may include:
- Registration. In order to access the Service you will need to register with the Service. You must register with the Service directly through the Site. If you are a parent or guardian of a student, the school that your student attends will provide you with instructions for registering and providing consent for the collection and use of information about your child on the Service. As part of the registration process you may be asked to provide your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address, and to create a password that will be associated with your account.
- Purchases. If you are a school administrator and you wish to purchase a subscription to the Service we will require sufficient information to complete your purchase, including your credit card or other payment account information and billing address.
- Communications From You. If you send any personal communication or correspondence to any Familink employees, agents or representatives, we may collect information about you.
C. Information that We Automatically Collect from Your Computer when You Use the Service: We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies” or “web beacons”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit, as well as by the companies that may place advertising on websites so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and the time and date of a page viewed.
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you set your browser to reject cookies you will be unable to use the Service..
D. Information that School Administrators Provide to Us: In order to enable parents and guardians of students to use the Service, school administrators that subscribe to the Service will provide us with information about students that are enrolled at their school, as well as information about their parents and guardians. This information will include the name of the student and the name, email address and relationship of the student’s parent or guardian who will be using the Service.
E. Information that You Post through the Service: You may have the option to post information about (i) yourself, (ii) if you are a teacher or school administrator, students who attend your school, or (iii) if you are a parent or guardian of a student, the student, through the Service. We will only share information that you post through the Service in accordance with Section 4 below, however, if you post information through the Service we recommend that you do not post any sensitive information or other information that you do not want to make available to other users.
Note Regarding Information Provided by School Administrators and Teachers about Students: We do not require school administrators or teachers to provide information to us regarding students that they are not legally entitled to disclose. We note that, if school administrators or teachers provide information about students through the Service, we require that the school administrators and teachers obtain all necessary consents, rights and authority prior to providing information about the applicable students. school administrators and teachers are responsible for obtaining these consents, rights and authority and are solely liable in connection with disclosure by School administrators or teachers of any information regarding students in connection with the Service.
If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while such a code is active may be reported back to the third party website. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Service is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
The Service may include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party sites, businesses, and advertisers, may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who click on the links made available through the Service. We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information described above to manage your account, to communicate with you and, if you are a school administrator who has a paid subscription to the Service, to process your payment information. We may also use this information for our own statistical or analytical purposes, including to help us develop and improve our Service and/or products, and to tailor our Service to your interests.
4. How We Share Information with Third Parties. We may share the information we collect in connection with the Service with the following third parties:
A. School Administrators and Teachers: If you are a parent or guardian of a student, we may share the information you submit through the Service, either about yourself or about your student, with the school administrators and teachers who work at the school that your student attends and who have registered to use the Service.
B. Parents or Guardians who Use the Service: If you are a school administrator or teacher, we may share the information you submit through the Service, either about yourself or about students who attend the school where you work, with parents or guardians of students who attend the school where you work and who have registered to use the Service. If you are a parent or guardian of a student, and you provide us with your affirmative consent, we may share the information you submit through the Service, either about yourself or about your student, with other parents or guardians of students who attend the same school as your student, and who have registered to use the Service.
C. Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service or processing payments submitted through the Service. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
E. Companies that Acquire Our Business or Assets: If our company or our assets are acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, that company may acquire the information collected by us. We will require the applicable company to assume the rights and obligations that are applicable to your information at the time of the acquisition, transfer or merger.
F. Law Enforcement Authorities: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
5. How We Protect Your Information. We have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information we have collected about you through the Service from unauthorized use, misuse, disclosure, loss and alteration. You must understand, however, that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information, and that no networked system or Internet transmission is totally secure. We assume no responsibility or liability if any information relating to you is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
6. Correcting/Updating Your Information. If your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number or other contact information that you provide to us changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by accessing your account through the “My Profile” link on the Service, or by contacting us using the contact information provided in Section 10 below.